The Common Causes of Fire Revealed by Experts in Fire Damage Restoration: New York Carpet Clean

As experts in fire damage restoration, New York Carpet Clean has seen enough of such incidents to say with certainty that fires are one of the biggest tragedies to hit a home. It becomes even more tragic when you have this nagging thought that you could’ve averted this calamity in some way or the other. A little bit of care and precaution may just have prevented an accident that caused such extensive damage to your house.

Although this may not always be the case, there’s no denying that in some instances, fires have been triggered by the carelessness of homeowners themselves. Take a look at some of the more common causes of fires in residential places and you will know what we are talking about. Here they are:

  • Smoking & Cigarettes – Ask any New York fire damage restoration expert and he will tell you that instances of a person falling asleep holding a lit cigarette in his hands aren’t quite as rare as you’d like to believe. In addition, leaving cigarette butts that haven’t been put out properly or using ashtrays that are made of flammable material have also been known to cause fires.
  • Candles – Keeping burnt candles in places where combustible objects around it (curtains, portraits, rugs, papers, cushions, etc) are very close to its flame is one of the leading causes of home fires.
  • Electrical Reasons – Failed electrical connections, defective fuses, and overly warm wires are some of the more common reasons for fires at home. This can happen even if your sockets, plugs, and wires have been installed professionally.

To make things even more crystal clear to you, let’s look at a breakup of the main rooms in the house and see what starts a fire there, forcing you to call on the services of a New York fire damage expert.

Fire Damage, New York – Room by Room Inspection

  • Bedrooms – In bedrooms, fires are usually sparked off by misuse of electrical devices, such as electric blankets, warmers, and extension cords. Very often these products haven’t been put through stringent quality tests and they end up overloading your home’s circuits.
  • Kitchen – Kitchen is the one place in the house where you find many electrical appliances and fire hazardous materials occupying a place next to each other, such as grease from cooking, open fire on the stove, microwave, and ovens. While dry cooking fires do not cause a lot of damage, grease fires from frying pans are the ones that are really dangerous.
  • Living Room & Fireplaces – Fireplaces that do not have a screen cannot prevent sparks or embers from flying into the living room or family rooms and setting combustible things like curtains, drapes, cushions, and rugs on fire.
  • Basement, Attic, & the Garage – These places are where the average homeowner stores a lot of things and they usually contain fire hazards like gasoline, old clothes, and papers. It’s no wonder then that a lot of fires are known to start in the basement or attic.

Now you know what the common causes of fire are, hopefully you will be careful and do everything that his humanly possible to prevent these terrible accidents. If you should ever require services in fire damage restoration, New York Carpet Clean and its trained professional are always standing by for you. Call us any time of the day and we will respond promptly, with a wide range of solution for all your needs!