As one of the finest mattress cleaners New York has, we are often faced with the question as to why it is the good citizens of the Big Apple would require our services. We could go on and on about the need for thorough mattress cleaning but we would much rather that you first look at this relevant data first.
- The average human being sheds around 100 million scales of skin containing bacteria every day. Most of that lands up in our mattresses.
- 45% of homes in the US use mattresses that have dust mite allergen concentration exceeding levels that are known to trigger allergic sensitization.
- A female dust mite lays about 300 eggs, causing rapid reproduction.
- The amount of excrement one dust mite produces in its lifetime is equivalent to 200 times its body weight.
- Exposure to dust mites has been recognized as one of the leading factors for developing allergic diseases, such as hay fever and asthma.
- While we are sleeping we are actually breathing in fine dust containing harmful pollutants that can cause a running nose, itchy eyes, scratchy or irritated throat, sneezing, fatigue, headaches, etc.
- Studies indicate that your sleeping environment could include dangerous germs like Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Staphylococcus aureus.
Still wondering why you need a clean mattress? And by that we mean a professionally, thoroughly, and efficiently cleaned mattress. See, there’s a world of difference in the way you clean a mattress and the
Vacuum cleaners only remove dust from the surface and they are never able to reach the soil and pollutants that have gotten deep within the foam and fabric. Similarly, bug sprays, even the specialty ones, fail to get to the root of the problem and only temporarily eliminate bugs on the mattress’ surface. So, although you go to sleep quite confident that you’ve done a good enough job, you are still sleeping in a potential hazardous environment.
The average homeowner thinks vacuuming the mattress or using bed bug spray is doing a good enough job. However, even amateurs in mattress cleaning New York has will tell you that this kind of ‘cleaning’ is quite superficial.
As you can see, professional mattress cleaning services are essential if you wish to spare your family a whole lot of health problems and hope to get a good night’s sleep day after day after day. Even as the best mattress cleaners New York has (and that’s us!) speed over to your place to offer their services, here are a few precautionary measures you can take to minimize the potential damage.
- Get a mattress liner – To reduce the damage caused by accidents, spills, and stains, spread a liner between your sheet and the mattress.
- Change your bed sheets regularly – Dirt and germ builds up quite fast if you don’t change your sheets regularly. In addition, the dirt accumulated on your sheet gets transferred into your mattress adding further to the pollution.
- Avoid eating and drinking on your mattress – For obvious reasons, eating and drinking on the mattress is not a good practice, since there are higher chances of food stains and spills.
- Do not sit on your bed with dirty clothes – Make it a practice to change your clothes before you get into bed, even if you’ve come in after spending only a short while outside. Always shower and change into fresh clothes before you retire for the day.
You do your bit, we do our bit and between the both of us we’ll make sure that you never have to worry about sharing your bed with anything undesirable, ever!